Oatmeal Banana Bread Muffins make a welcome addition to any morning! Made with simple ingredients and always a favorite!
If there is one thing that I can always depend on it is how my family loves these banana bread muffins! Moist, tender and absolutely delicious, they are one of my absolute favorite muffin recipes.
They make the perfect little personal-sized banana bread confection just right for serving my family, or guests for brunch, or even at a shower! And let’s not forget how easily transportable they are – making them perfect for mornings on the go or packing in those lunch boxes.
You may notice that these muffins are made just a little differently from the other muffin recipes that I’ve shared before. I’ve made these banana bread muffins with homemade oat flour. Making homemade oat flour couldn’t be simpler. If you have a food processor or blender, you can have oat flour in just a matter of seconds. I’ve found that I prefer the ratio of old-fashioned oat to oat flour at 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats to 1 cup homemade oat flour.
I generally like to prepare my homemade oat flour just as I’m using it in recipes. If you decide to make extra, be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you use it, but plan to use it within a week.
Here’s my Oatmeal Banana Bread Muffins recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Oatmeal Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats for oat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats left whole
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 overripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line muffin tin with paper lines and set aside.
- Add 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats to a blender or food processor and pulse until finely ground resulting in about 1 1/2 cups oat flour. Transfer the oat flour to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, baking powder and salt into the oat flour.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat bananas, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar until well combined. Mix the oat flour mixture into the banana mixture until thoroughly mixed. Mix in melted butter until the batter is well combined. Stir in the pecans, if using.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown or until the center springs back when touched. Remove from the oven and cool before serving.