This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This orange salmon recipe makes a delicious, quick and easy weeknight meal perfect for family suppers or when entertaining!
If someone told me that I could only have one thing to eat for the rest of my life, I’d pray that it could be fish. Especially wild-caught salmon. It is one of my all-time favorites and I’ve shared so many salmon recipes previously – from my parmesan herb salmon to my favorite grilled salmon recipe and just about everything in between.
Orange Salmon Recipe
But, recently while in Florida, I decided to use some fresh oranges in a marinade for my salmon. Oh my word, this Orange Salmon is simply scrumptious! I just whisked together my orange juice with honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and a little ground ginger. The smell of the marinade alone is reason enough to make this dish! It smells incredible!
Once I had my orange marinade whipped together, I then placed my salmon in a sealable bag, poured in the marinade, sealed it up and let it marinate for up to an hour before we grilled it, let it rest and then devoured every last morsel of it!
It was fabulous!
I’m now making sure that I have plenty of fresh oranges on hand for this weekly obsession!
Here’s my Orange Salmon Recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Orange Salmon Recipe
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice about 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (1-3) pound salmon fillet
- Whisk together orange juice, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and ginger in a 2-cup measuring cup. Place salmon in large zip top bag and pour marinade in with salmon. Close and allow to marinate 20 minutes to an hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush with olive oil, remove salmon from zip top bag and place onto grill pan. Cook 2 - 5 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon), then use tongs or a large spatula and turn salmon over to the other side to cook another 2 - 5 minutes (depending on the thickness). Remove from grill pan and allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving.