These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are so easy and out of this world delicious! They bake up to an amazing bakery style cookie that everyone loves!
Sam was recently elected as the senior patrol leader for his Scout troop. The things that he promised during his campaign was that there would be lots of fun and lots of food. When he was working on his speech prior to the election, he practiced it a time or two for me. As he was headed out the door for the meeting he turned back and said, “Hey Mama, I’ll need your help in making sure I keep my promise.”
“I’ll definitely help you, Buddy! I’ll help you find all sorts of fun program ideas and even games. I know all sorts of fun ideas for you! We’ll have a blast! I’ll start researching things and put together a file for us to go over when you get back from your meeting tonight. We can start work in the morning….”
“Umm… Mama, I meant for the food. I’ve got the fun handled.”
So, since I’ve been removed from the fun portion of the campaign and relegated to the food instead, I’m going to knock the role my son gave me right on out of the park!
My first idea was a smoothie bar for their meeting which was met with all sorts of unexcited faces from my 13-year old. Then, I mentioned having a cook-off, which got a little bit more of agreement. Finally, Sam looked at me and said, “Can you just make some cookies for the next meeting?”
I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if I’m just going to send any old cookies though. I made these bakery-style peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that are as easy as can be, but are amazing. I started to make them with browned butter and a sprinkle of fleur de sel on top, but then I couldn’t play all my cards on the first week. I’ve got to save some tricks for later in my “just make cookies role.”
So, here ya go. Here’s my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe that will surely reward you with some sort of smiles and thumbs up from your crew!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add in eggs one at time, being sure to fully combine each.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients and cream with peanut butter mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Be careful to not over mix.
- Scoop dough and roll into a ball and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart as the cookies will spread.
- Place in preheated oven and bake between 10 – 15 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 2 minutes to cool before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Signed, I still think I’m the FUN Mom!