Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites are just plain addictive. And delicious. And down right easy as can be to make. Little Buddy and I had fun in the kitchen yesterday afternoon whipping up a batch of these to give as a little something sweet to some friends when we visited them. Within just a few minutes, we had plenty ready to give, even after we’d been taste-testing about every other one that we made.
We also had plenty of these peanut butter pretzel bites to keep at the house, tempting me every time I pass by them on the counter.
So much for being good on my diet this week, huh?
The recipe for these may look familiar. It really is based on my peanut butter bars recipe, but squished between two mini pretzel twists and then dunked into the chocolate. Is there anything better than squishing peanut butter and dunking it in chocolatey goodness? I really think not.
Anywho, from start to finish, these bad boys, I mean delicious treats, are ready to snarf down or wrap up and give as gifts in less than 3o minutes.
Here’s the recipe for my Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites. They are great anytime of the year, but I especially love to make them in the fall and winter. They make wonderful gifts!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Recipe
- 1 pound mini pretzels twists
For the Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1 sleeve ground to a fine crumb in the blender
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
For the Chocolate (for dipping):
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place 1/2 of mini pretzel twists on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix together all ingredients for peanut butter filling and scoop 1/2 teaspoon of filling onto each mini pretzel twist. Top with second pretzel twist and place back onto parchment paper. Place baking sheet into the freezer for 10 minutes for the peanut butter filling to harden more.
- Melt together ingredients for chocolate for dipping, stirring together until smooth.
- Using a pair of kitchen tongs or chopsticks, dip half of each peanut butter filled pretzel twist into chocolate.
- Place chocolate dipped pretzel bites back onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.