This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pulled pork quesadillas make an all-time favorite leftover makeover the whole family loves! So simple and easy!
It is no secret that my husband and I have a bit of a rivalry going on. His smoked pork versus my slow cooker pork roast. Let me just skip ahead to the answer guys.
It really is a tie.
It is hard to beat pork that has been slowly smoked on the Big Green Egg for 24 hours. The smell of the smoke mingling with the pork cooking really has you craving it the whole time it is cooking. But then again, the simplicity and ease of tossing a pork roast along with a few ingredients into the slow cooker, setting the timer and forgetting about it really ups the battle in my book.
Even Bart concedes that the flavor and tenderness is out of this world with my version. So therefore, I feel confident calling it a tie in my house.
(Also, this is my little website so Bart is hard pressed to say otherwise, right? LOL!)
Last week while Bart was traveling, I pulled out my slow cooker and made my version of pulled pork and then we proceeded to stuff ourselves with leftovers for the rest of the week. But let me tell you, this pulled pork quesadilla by far became of favorite of mine. While I call it a leftover makeover, it might be one thing that causes me to cook my pulled pork just so that I can have it. It is that good.
Oh, and the homemade BBQ sauce that I used on these pulled pork quesadillas? Please don’t skip it. It is out of this world!
Here’s my pulled pork quesadillas recipe. I think you are going to love them, too!
Pulled Pork Quesadillas Recipe
- olive oil
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups cooked pulled pork
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos drained
For the BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250º F. Place a rimmed sheet pan nearby for transferring the quesadillas. Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Add one tortilla and top with about ½ cup of pulled pork, ½ cup of cheese and onions and jalapenos. Drizzle with prepared BBQ sauce, recipe follows, and top with second tortilla. Carefully flip quesadilla to cook the top side once the bottom tortilla has lightly browned and the cheese is slightly melted. Remove from the skillet and transfer to the rimmed sheet pan. Place into the oven to keep warm as you prepare the rest of the quesadillas.
For the BBQ sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until well combined and frequently while the sauce cooks. Cook until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.