This pumpkin snickerdoodles recipe make the perfect soft, chewy and delicious cookie for fall! It’s Snickerdoodles with a new fall friend!
There’s something about October that has me wanting to put a little bit of pumpkin puree and cinnamon in nearly everything. From my amped up morning coffee, to smoothies, to just about anything that I bake!
Do you have the bug, too? Even if you say, “not nearly as badly as you do!,” these pumpkin snickerdoodles will be just the thing to add to your fall baking list!
They are out of this world delicious and so incredibly soft that you will be amazed and just as enchanted with them as I am.
And guys, if you haven’t already tried your hand at making your own pumpkin puree, that’s fine. You can definitely make these with your favorite from the grocery store. But believe me, the homemade puree is so easy and has so much more flavor you’ll want to fill your freezer to the brim with it!
Here’s my Pumpkin Snickerdoodles recipe. I think you are going to absolutely love them!
Easy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly incorporate into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball. Roll the ball into the prepared sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place onto a large cookie sheet, about 2-3 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes until cookies have lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.