This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Rosemary Blue Cheese Steak Recipe – a restaurant quality steak at home! There is so much flavor in this amazing steak recipe!
My family absolutely loves a good steak – you know the kind that you would expect to pay a ton of money for at your favorite steakhouse? Well, thankfully, over the years my husband has perfected how to grill steak so that it rivals any I’ve had from the best rated steak restaurants. And, if he’s not home or we just don’t want to fiddle with the grill, I have to admit that my skillet steaks are top notch, too!
Let’s face it – when you pay good money for a steak, you want it cooked to perfection and for it to be a memorable meal. Right? I know I do! Where generally my husband would say, “I’m a purist where steak is concerned” this is one steak that I forced him to try and he absolutely couldn’t get enough of it.
You begin with a perfectly cooked steak – either on the grill or skillet version – and then you add these amazing toppings to each one that just takes an already amazing steak to a whole new level. Promise.
Here’s what I did. As the steaks are resting once removed from the grill or skillet, I chop rosemary and get my blue cheese crumbles ready. Then, I plate each steak for each person based on how they like theirs cooked – my husband prefers his just a wee bit more rare than I do and Sam likes his a little more well-done than either of us – and then I add go to town with piling on the toppings.
Blue cheese, rosemary, coarse ground salt and fresh cracked black pepper are the ones that make this signature steak so amazing!
Allow the steak to stand just a few more minutes to warm up the blue cheese to soften it and the rosemary to become fragrant. That’s when it is perfect for serving!
Oh my mercy!
If you have a steak lover in your midst, you absolutely need to give this one a try!
Here’s how we made our Rosemary Blue Cheese Steak Recipe. I sure hope you love it!
Rosemary Blue Cheese Steak Recipe
- 4 Perfect Grilled Steaks
- 8 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh rosemary for garnish optional
- Follow instructions until steaks reach your desired level of doneness. As steaks are resting once cooked, add about two tablespoons blue cheese, 1 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt and a pinch of cracked black pepper to the top of each. Allow the steak to continue resting and the blue cheese to soften from the heat of the steak and the rosemary to become even more fragrant.