Shrimp Pasta with Arugula and Walnut Pesto makes a quick, delicious meal for lunch and supper! Get this quick, delicious shrimp pasta recipe!
My husband and son are in and out this weekend so I decided to make myself a quick lunch just for me. What is it about cooking for yourself when you are used to cooking for everyone else that leaves you scratching your head as to what you want to eat? I walked around my kitchen no less than 10 times opening the refrigerator like surely something would speak to me from inside of it telling me what I should prepare.
I’m so used to preparing meals that I know my husband and son will love, meals that include their favorite things, that it takes me a while to realize what I’d actually like to eat when they aren’t with me.
Finally, I pulled ingredients from the pantry, refrigerator, and the freezer and tossed together one of the best lunches I’ve had in a long time! I quickly cooked a little pasta and thawed some precooked shrimp from my freezer. And remember the arugula and walnut pesto I made earlier this week? I scooped a few tablespoons of it onto my pasta, sliced a few tomatoes, and then tossed it all together until my pasta was well dressed.
It was heaven on a plate. So quick, so easy, and oh so delicious.
Here’s my Quick Shrimp Pasta with Arugula and Walnut Pesto recipe. I hope you love it.
- 1 pound cooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 - 25 (1½ pounds) medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 recipe [arugula and walnut pesto|https://addapinch.com/2012/05/02/arugula-and-walnut-pesto-recipe/]
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and shrimp. Cook shrimp for about 2 minutes and turn to cook other side for same amount of time.
- Add in cooked linguine and pesto. Toss to coat shrimp and pasta well with pesto.
- Remove to plate and add halved grape tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
Now, the recipe I included is for 4-6 people, so just scale it down if you plan to cook this for yourself, like I did. Also, I’ve written the recipe for cooking your shrimp. If you use precooked shrimp from the freezer section of your grocery store like I did, then you’ll just need to thaw your shrimp but I still toss all of it into my skillet with olive oil and butter with the pesto. It just makes it all come together so well.
Ya know, it was so good that I may just have it again for supper.
Now, I just have to decide what to watch on television. I rarely ever have control of the remote around here.
I need ideas!