One of our favorite things to do lately on the weekends is to throw a beef brisket on the smoker and let it go all day long. It’s an all day affair that has us antsy for dinner time.
With beef brisket, the fun really starts the night before when we start to marinate it. We use a really simple marinade of Coca Cola, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a zip top bag with our beef brisket in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, just pour off the marinade and place your brisket on the smoker.
Then just sit back, relax, and keep an occasional eye on the temperature to make sure you keep your brisket cooking low and slow.
It’s so worth it.
Pick up a brisket this week and enjoy it this weekend.
I know you’ll love it.
Here’s our recipe for Smoked Beef Brisket. I hope you love it!
Smoked Beef Brisket
- 3 pounds beef brisket trimmed
- 8- ounces Coca Cola
- 3 tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- Place beef brisket in a zip top bag.
- Pour in Coca-Cola, Worchestershire sauce, and garlic cloves.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Place beef brisket in smoker pre-heated to around 220 degrees.
- Cook for 6-8 or until internal temperature reaches 145-180 degrees, depending on your preference.
- Remove from smoker, wrap in aluminum foil and allow to rest 10-15 minutes on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
- Remove from the foil and slice against the grain into 1/4 inch slices.