S’mores Ice Cream Recipe
S’mores Ice Cream? Oh, yes!
It was Little Buddy’s idea and I have to give him all the credit. When he first asked me to make him S’mores Ice Cream, I’d planned on making it just a bit differently. Then, he walked back into the kitchen and said, “Mama, remember that in s’mores the marshmallows are toasted.”
Okay, I took that as a great starting point and got busy!
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw the photo I shared a few days ago of the pan full of toasted marshmallows.
I simply roasted them in the oven under the broiler for 3 minutes, taking care to not get on the phone or walk out of the room while they were in the oven.
As soon as they were good and toasty, I pulled them out and let them cool.
Well, I had to taste test them to make sure they were just right, so one quickly disappeared off the pan!
But what can I say?
I do it all in the name of quality control! Ha!
For the chocolate, I absolutely used the classic Hershey bar that I broke into smaller pieces. It just wouldn’t be s’mores ice cream with anything other than the classic in Little Buddy’s opinion.
However, you can use whatever chocolate you prefer.
I personally think dark chocolate would be out of this world!
Little Buddy was right on the money reminding me about roasting the marshmallows.
Boy, were they perfect!
I think I just might be creating a little foodie (at least where sweets are concerned!)
If you need an ice cream that immediately reminds you of camping trips, backyard fun by the firepit, or summertime, you need to give this S’mores Ice Cream a try.
It is fabulous. Promise.
Here’s my, errr, I mean Little Buddy’s S’mores Ice Cream Recipe.
S'mores Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 large marshmallows
- 6 large graham crackers crumbled
- 1 large Hershey chocolate bar broken into pieces
- Mix together milk, whipping cream, sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour into the insert of ice cream maker and make according to ice cream maker instructions. In the meantime, place marshmallows on a baking sheet and broil for about 3 minutes, taking care not to burn. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once ice cream is almost ready, add crumbled graham crackers and chocolate pieces. Tear apart marshmallows and add pieces to ice cream as well. Continue making ice cream until it has completely made. Serve immediately for softserve ice cream or place in an airtight container and place in freezer for a few hours or overnight for a firmer ice cream.
All images and text © Robyn Stone for Add a Pinch
Be sure to check out all of my ice cream and frozen treat recipes and stay tuned for more! I love to hear about what ice cream flavors you love!