Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps make a delicious, nutritious meal in minutes. Made of shrimp, garlic, and peppers, these shrimp lettuce wraps have a spicy flair!
As the weather is getting warmer here in the South, I’m looking for more and more quick and easy dishes I can have on the table in minutes. These spicy shrimp lettuce wraps are definitely one of my favorites for a filling lunch or dinner.
Within just a few minutes, I have the ingredients on a baking sheet and in the oven filling my kitchen with a spicy, delicious smell. My recipe includes time for preparing the shrimp prior to baking them. As a shortcut, I often buy shrimp that has already been peeled and de-veined for me which even further reduces the preparation time for this recipe. Because we all know that sometimes, I need all the help I can muster to get a quick meal on the table.
Here’s how I make my Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 12 Boston or butter lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
- Peel and remove vein from shrimp.
- Place on baking sheet and top with butter pieces, peppers, and soy sauce.
- Bake about 10 minutes, turn shrimp, and cook about 5 more minutes until shrimp is completely pink.
- Remove from oven and spoon about ¼ cup of spicy shrimp into lettuce leaf.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.