Strawberry Angel Cake makes an easy, elegant dessert recipe perfect for entertaining or enjoying with your family.
As the weather gets warmer here in the south, I try my best not to use my oven as much. But, I still want to serve delicious desserts when we invite friends over for supper. Enter this Strawberry Angel Cake.
This is a dessert that my Mama made during the summer when I was growing up and one that I hadn’t made in a long while.
We had invited Mrs. Melba, the lady who kept Little Buddy when I worked, over for supper one night this past week and I wanted to make a simple dessert that I felt sure she would love. I remembered how much she liked strawberries and I knew she loved the lightness of angel food cake.
Rather than serving a fussy dessert, I knew this strawberry angel cake would be light, refreshing and ultra easy to prepare!
You just won’t believe how easy it is! Or delicious.
I used Sugar-Free Cool Whip to make this recipe even quicker and easier, but you could easily use homemade whipped cream if you prefer.
To say it was a hit would be a major understatement.
Here’s how I made my Strawberry Angel Cake. Make it soon. You’ll love it!
Strawberry Angel Cake Recipe
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream
- 1 pint strawberries
- Slice the cake in half and spread a layer of Cool Whip or whipped cream onto the cake layer.
- Top it with a pint of sliced strawberries and then place the top half of cake on top.
- 'Frost' the cake with Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- Place into the freezer until right before ready to serve.
- Slice with a serrated knife for serving.
- Keep covered tightly in the freezer.