This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Who ever knew that baked beans could taste this good? All this time baked beans have simply been just the side dish to go along with all of the other fixin’s for cookouts or family get togethers. But these baked beans… these baked beans are entirely different.
These baked beans could actually be a meal all by themselves.
These baked beans inspire me to have a cookout, a family reunion, or any other kind of event just so I can serve them to everyone I know.
Yeah, they are that good.
Here’s how I make them.
I started with a can of Bush’s Baked Beans. Pour them into a large pot.
Chop a medium white onion and toss it in with the beans.
Add some stone ground mustard.
And some good ole molasses.
That’s where the sweet part comes from in the sweet and spicy brisket baked beans.
And here comes the brisket!
Chop up your cooked brisket into small bite sized pieces.
And add it to your beans.
Stir it all together and then add a bit of ketchup.
A diced bell pepper.
And some jalapeno pepper.
That’s the spicy part.
Bake for about 45 minutes until thick and bubbly.
Allow to cool for a bit and then…
These baked beans are going to be gone in no time flat!
Sweet and Spicy Brisket Baked Beans
- 3 1/2 cups prepared baked beans or 1 28-ounce can
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 pound smoked brisket chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Empty prepared baked beans into a medium size pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until reaches a low simmer.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Mmm, mmm, mmm,