This Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is a family favorite. This recipe for chocolate chip cookies is easy to make and you’ll have plenty to share.
Little Buddy and I have been on a search or our perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ll admit, we are pretty picky about our cookies.
Each week, we’ve tweaked our recipe. We’ve done it all. A few of the things we tried were:
– using different flours
– trying different butter
– halved the amount of butter and added shortening
Finally, we found our perfect recipe. This recipe makes a batch of three dozen cookies. It’s a good thing it makes that many because these cookies are gone really quickly! It reminded me of the song, Who Stole The Cookies From The Cookie Jar?
Here’s our perfect chocolate chip cookies recipe.
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 12 ounce package of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter and sugars with electric mixer. Beat together until light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix well with mixer.
- Decrease mixing speed and mix in flour mixture, baking powder, and baking soda until combined. Remove from stand mixer and incorporate chocolate chips or your choice of ingredient using a wooden spoon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet or jellyroll pan. Bake for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to sit on the pan for about 1 minute before placing them in your cookie jar.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you give it a try. We sure love it. Oh… and be sure to have a big ole glass of ice cold milk ready. You’ll need it.