Can you believe this Sunday is Father’s Day?
June is flying by like when I was a little girl and would push my bike to the top of the hill on the road from my house to my grandparents. It was the summer after the county had just put in a new coating on the asphalt road – you know the kind that is black and hard, but still has bumpy gravel. It would take me a little while to get up my nerve to push my bike to the top of that hill, then I’d climb onto the white seat, grip my handlebars with the streamers tied to them, and push off. There was no way of stopping once my tiny foot left the ground. I was off, flying and giggling and feeling like butterflies were flittering away in my tummy the entire time.
Well, June has felt a lot like that, too.
It just seems like yesterday we welcomed spring and wiped the sleepies from our eyes the morning after we reset our clocks ahead. Now, we’re thinking of meals to celebrate the special men in our lives and wracking our brains for something special to give them.
I thought it would be a great time to share a recipe with you that I think would make a wonderful addition to your Father’s Day weekend celebration – Caprese Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Reduction.
If you love caprese salad as much as I do, this chicken is going to become one of your favorite dishes, too. Think of it as a complete meal in one recipe, because really… it is. It is perfect for lunch or a light supper and makes a mighty impressive presentation, but for Father’s Day, you could add a side of asparagus or another vegetable to round out the meal.
Here’s how I make it.
- 6 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 large basil leaves
- Prepare chicken on the grill. As chicken is cooking, pour balsamic vinegar into sauce pan or skillet and cook until reduced by half. Add in butter and stir with a flat whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- Top chicken with mozzarella cheese, basil leaf, and then tomato slice.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve warm.
I can’t wait to hear how you enjoy this recipe. It has quickly become one of my favorite weeknight go-to dishes!
I hope your family has a wonderful Father’s Day weekend!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy:
- Balsamic- Mango Marinated Grilled Chicken (recipegirl.com)
- Roasted Tomato Caprese Grilled Cheese. (howsweeteats.com)
- Grilled Chicken: On a Plate, In a Sandwich, On a Salad (aggieskitchen.com)