This Chicken Salad Sandwich reminds me of one that I used order from a deli whenever I was nearby for business. You know, way back when I used to wear something besides yoga pants and my Uggs all day.
Anyway, this little deli had only two or three booths / tables inside, which was fine since most everyone would just pick up their soup, salad, or sandwiches. From time to time I’d order something different just to see if I loved anything as much or more as this sandwich and with one bite, I’d always regret it.
Their chicken salad sandwich was simply amazing. So, one day when I was eating my poppy seed chicken dip, I realized it reminded me so much of their sandwiches! That’s when I started playing around with the recipe combination for what I like to call my ultimate chicken salad sandwich.
Here’s my Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe. I can’t wait to hear how you like it!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 avocados, sliced
- sandwich bread
- Mix together chicken, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic salt in a medium bowl until well-combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer chicken salad mixture, bacon, and avocado slices on sandwich bread and then top with a second piece of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet and toast sandwich on one side, flip and then toast the other side. Serve warm.