Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins definitely make a welcome treat in the mornings for breakfast, for a special brunch, showers, and even for a special snack in the afternoons.
These chocolate chocolate chip muffins come together quickly and bake into a tender, moist muffin that you’ll swear tastes like dessert.
These muffins are perfect for making for a shower or brunch and mini muffins are just perfectly sized for such an event. And for school parties and teacher appreciation breakfasts, these little babies will become a regular request! I know this time of year, there are tons of events for wedding and baby showers, Mother’s Day brunches, and end of year parties in the planning. But, even if you find yourself not in the middle of the party planning, I think anyone would love to receive a basket full of these goodies. It would certainly brighten anyones day.
Lately around my house though, they’ve been requested as an afternoon snack, especially if Little Buddy has friends over. I’m not sure which of us is more excited when they are coming out of the oven!
I make my chocolate chocolate chip muffins and scoop the batter into a muffin tin that I have sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Once I have all the batter into the muffin tin, I sprinkle an additional bit of chocolate chips on top of the muffin batter as decoration. It just adds a little something something to them after they’ve baked, I think.
Here’s my Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe. I hope you love them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking or baking spray or line with baking cups.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder, if using.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Pour buttermilk into a large measuring cup. Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla and whisk together with a fork.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and stir together with a spoon. Stir in most of chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on top as decoration.
- Scoop muffin batter into prepared muffin tin and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin for serving.