Shrimp scampi is easy and elegant, perfect for entertaining. Made of shrimp sautéed in butter and olive oil, garlic, and gently tossed with red onion and parsley, it is a classic.
Shrimp scampi makes a quick and delicious meal that is ready in less than 15 minutes!
It is perfect for super easy entertaining, too. In just a few minutes you’ve got a beautiful plate of shrimp scampi that you can serve as an appetizer or even over a plate of pasta as the main course. I call that versatile!
Of course, you can always add a pinch of red pepper flakes to your shrimp scampi, if you choose.
And wonderful for those evenings when I want a quick, yet delicious supper without a whole lot of fuss, I know this is a recipe that I can turn to time and again.
It just never gets old.
Here’s my favorite shrimp scampi recipe. I think you should make it soon!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chicken stock or white wine
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse shrimp and set aside to drain. Melt butter in a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and red onion. Add in shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the shrimp turns pink. Remove the shrimp and pour in chicken stock and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium-high heat until the stock comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp, salt and fresh parsley. Lightly toss shrimp to make sure it is well coated.
- Serve immediately.