I love soup during the winter. Thick, hearty, comforting soup. Vegetable Soup has always been one of my favorites and this slow cooker version is about is easy as they come.
What could be easier than tossing all of the vegetables in the slow cooker, turning it on low and just going on about your business during the day. Then, when supper time arrives, just lifting the lid and spooning out big bowls of piping hot, vegetable soup.
I know I’ve said it time and time again, but slow cookers are one of the most brilliant inventions for busy families. Ever.
That and a good cup of coffee me incredibly happy!
Of course, if you don’t have a slow cooker, you could whip this soup up in no time on the stove as well. There’s just something about how the flavors all meld together when this vegetable soup has been bubbling away in the slow cooker all day. It makes it simply magical. Promise.
Here’s the recipe for this Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup. I think you are going to love it!
- 2 pounds ground round
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups fresh Lima beans or 1 (15-ounce) can Lima beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh corn off the cob 1 (15-ounce) can niblet corn, drained
- 2 cups carrots, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots, drained
- 4 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes and okra
- 2 cups water
- Cook ground round and onions until browned. Add to slow cooker along with all other ingredients.
- Cook in slow cooker for 4 hours on low.