Chili. It’s what’s for supper.
This Black Bean Chili is perfect for a weeknight supper. Hearty and it doesn’t have to simmer all dad gum day before it tastes good either.
I don’t know about you, but that’s my kind of meal.
Don’t get me wrong, I love slow cook chili that simmers and bubbles on the stove for the afternoon and slow cooker chili is absolutely a favorite.
But, let’s be real.
There are many days that our clock strikes 4 o’clock and I haven’t started anything for supper. These are the days that I love to pull out a recipe like this without missing a beat in flavor and taste.
It’s just good to have a good chili recipe in your arsenal for such nights.
Here’s my recipe for Weeknight Black Bean Chili. It’s a keeper.
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (16-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16-ounce) black beans
- sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese
- Add diced bacon to a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat. Cook until crispy, then add in onions and garlic and cook until tender. Add ground beef and cook until done. Drain off any grease and place ingredients back into the stockpot over medium heat.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes and black beans. Reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and grated cheddar cheese.
You may also enjoy these chili recipes:
Texas Chili from Homesick Texan
Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili from SkinnyTaste
Southwest Shredded Chicken 3-Bean Chili from Picky Palate
Roasted Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili from Foodie Crush
Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili from How Sweet Eats