Today I’m going to share with you my very favorite breakfast in all of the world – tenderloin biscuits. It’s really just hard to beat it. Little Buddy would say his favorite breakfast includes some type of a waffle and mine revolves around a buttermilk biscuit.
Is it a sign of the times?
I remember growing up Mama would fix biscuits for breakfast a whole lot more than she would waffles. Maybe it’s because my Daddy preferred it that way, but regardless, waffles weren’t served nearly as often at her table as they have been at mine since I’ve grown up.
But, maybe I should start right now and change that situation. Everyone here loves buttermilk biscuits, they couldn’t be any easier to make, and they practically go with everything!
And you know what? These pork tenderloin biscuits can be ready in 15 minutes or less.
Talk about a major win!
Even better, why not go ahead and cook a whole week’s worth of tenderloin biscuits, wrap them carefully and put them in the freezer? Then, for a busy morning on the go, just grab one, pop it in the microwave and enjoy a delicious homemade breakfast that surely beats anything out of a box or a drive thru.
Who wouldn’t love that?
Easy on you and delicious for them!
So, here’s how I make them.
- 12 [Southern buttermilk biscuits|http://addapinch.com/2010/09/27/southern-buttermilk-biscuits/]
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare your [buttermilk biscuits|http://addapinch.com/2010/09/27/southern-buttermilk-biscuits/] following the recipe.
- Slice your pork tenderloin into about 12 slice 1½ inches thick. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place tenderloin slices in skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and let rest for about 3 minutes.
- Split open a biscuit and place one to two slices of pork tenderloin inside. Top with slices of cheddar cheese and top half of biscuit. Press lightly.
- Allow to sit for a bit to allow the cheese to melt slightly. If it does not, place assembled biscuits onto sheet pan and back into the oven for about 2 minutes to warm and allow the cheese to melt.
Now, I really think you should make these soon. You are going to LOVE them.