Waffle Recipe :: Blueberry Waffle Recipe
Blueberries. Blueberries. Blueberries.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
I love ’em.
We planted blueberry bushes last year that I am hoping will produce a bounty of lovely berries this year. They aren’t exactly overloaded at the moment, but I’m hoping that they’ll have a growth spurt and quick! I sure need them for smoothies, muffins, and blueberry waffles.
These waffles are the perfect combination of light, fluffy and crisp with bites of juicy blueberries sprinkled throughout. I really think you should try them soon.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Toss in blueberries and coat well with flour mixture.
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour into dry mixture and stir together just until combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to your iron’s instructions.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup.