This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Blueberries. Blueberries. Blueberries.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
I love ’em.
We planted blueberry bushes last year that I am hoping will produce a bounty of lovely berries this year. They aren’t exactly overloaded at the moment, but I’m hoping that they’ll have a growth spurt and quick! I sure need them for smoothies, muffins, and blueberry waffles.
These waffles are the perfect combination of light, fluffy and crisp with bites of juicy blueberries sprinkled throughout. I really think you should try them soon.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (or 1 stick) butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Toss in blueberries and coat well with flour mixture.
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour into dry mixture and stir together just until combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to your iron’s instructions.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I’m just going to sit here a drool until the sun comes up and it’s time to make breakfast 🙂 YUM!
I would just love to have a blueberry bush at my finger tips! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy!
And I’d love to wiggle my nose and have a plateful of these appear in front of me right now!
YUM!!! do you know I’ve never made waffles?! these look delicious!
I love blueberries and I love waffles, so this is pretty much a perfect recipe in my book!
Beautiful!! Great photo, Robyn!
How many calories are in these!
Can I use frozen blueberries in this recipe.