Brisket makes an easy, delicious meal! This simple recipe yields a flavorful, tender perfect brisket every time.
We love smoked brisket, but often, I don’t want to worry with the smoker while my husband is at work even though I have a craving for it for supper! That’s when I turn to this recipe that produces the most tender brisket I’ve ever had before! I wish I could say that I do something magical to it, but really, it is the cooking method that I use.
I generally begin with a 3-5 pound beef brisket. There have been times that our grocery store has only had huge, huge, huge ones and I’ve just asked the butcher if he could cut it down for me. That way, I’m only buying what I need and they usually don’t mind a bit.
Then, I add just an apple juice or apple cider, a few seasonings, wrap it tightly and let it braise in the oven until ready. I generally allow mine to braise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound to get the most tender brisket. It seems like a long time to wait while you have to smell it cooking, but believe me, it is completely worth the wait! When you do serve it, you better watch out because it goes fast!
Here’s my Brisket Recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as we do!
- 1 3-5 pound beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown sugar dry rub
- Preheat oven to 200º F.
- Place brisket in roasting pan. Pour apple juice or apple cider over the brisket to drip into the roasting pan. Pour Worcestershire sauce over top of brisket as well. Then, sprinkle with dry rub. Cover with lid to roasting pan or with foil and place in oven. Cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours per pound of brisket, uncovering for the last 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 10-15 minutes. Slice or pull apart with two forks and serve.