This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bruschetta makes a delicious, quick and easy dish. Made of tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and olive oil on grilled bread. Ready in less than 15 minutes!
This bruschetta recipe also includes a drizzle of balsamic glaze that I think takes it over the top. It just makes something that you think couldn’t get any better… better. I could seriously eat this every day and be a happy girl. It tastes so fresh with the bright basil flavor and then when you do add the drizzle of balsamic glaze to the top, it adds a layer of tangy sweetness that I love.
How to Make Bruschetta
I used grape tomatoes for the bruschetta photographed, but I also love to use heirloom and garden fresh tomatoes when they are at their peak from the garden. Since we still have just a little while for ours to grow and ripen, I turned to these year-round jewels from the grocery store. You can also use a red, yellow, or a sweet onion depending on your preference.
This recipe can easily be halved or multiplied depending on the number you plan to serve. Bruschetta makes a beautiful appetizer and I love to serve trays of it for parties or get togethers. You can toast the bread ahead of time and then add the topping and balsamic drizzle right before the party begins for serving.
Here’s this classic Bruschetta recipe perfect for your next get together or just a quick dish. I hope you love it!
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread sliced into 1 ½ - 2 - inch slices
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes sliced in half or 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 6-8 large basil leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- balsamic glaze optional
- Drizzle olive oil onto a grill pan over medium heat. Place bread slices onto grill pan and drizzle tops with additional olive oil. Cut tip off of garlic clove and rub onto the top side of the bread slice. Grill bread until lightly toasted, flipping to grill the other side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill to a serving platter.
- Stir together tomatoes, onion, and basil leaves. Add salt and spoon onto the top of the grilled bread. Drizzle all slices with balsamic glaze, if you choose to use.
Originally published 2014.