Coconut Lime Waffles Recipe
These Coconut Lime Waffles! Oh my goodness, I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing these flavors are in this waffle recipe.
Perfect for anytime of the year, but I have to say that they sure do brighten up a winter morning. Just the smell alone is enough to make you appreciate them!
But seriously. The topping of toasted coconut immediately grabs your attention when you first see them and then as you dig into them with your fork, you see the bits of coconut and specks of lime zest mingling throughout the waffle itself. Talk about heaven!
It is surely a breakfast you don’t want to miss. Or be late for.
Here’s my Coconut Lime Waffles recipe. You’ll seriously love it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, buttermilk, eggs, butter, vanilla, ½ cup coconut flakes, lime zest and lime juice until well-combined.
- In a medium dry skillet, toast coconut over medium low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and portion into waffle iron to cook according to waffle iron instructions. Remove from waffle iron and top with toasted coconut for serving.