This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Corn Casserole Recipe – Corn casserole makes a comforting classic casserole! Made of creamed and whole corn, this corn casserole comes together quickly and makes a favorite side dish!
Corn casserole is always welcome around here!
Creamy, comforting, cheesy, and filled with corn, it is one of those side dishes that always gets rave reviews and disappears quickly when I serve it – which makes it perfect for holiday meals, special occasions, reunions, and really, anytime!
Corn Casserole Recipe
Over the years, I’ve tried so many corn casseroles – some with bell peppers, some with sour cream, some with the cheese on top. But what I love about my version is that the cheese is all mixed in with the rest of the casserole making it ultra creamy! I also like the kick that the addition of the jalapeno pepper gives my corn casserole recipe that just gives it a special little umph.
How to Make Easy Corn Casserole Recipe
Thankfully, the recipe couldn’t get much simpler to make. I begin by melting my butter and sauteing my onion and pepper together in it until they are just tender. Then, I mix with the remaining ingredients and pour into a casserole dish and pop it into the oven to bake until it has turned lightly golden brown and the center has just set, about 40 minutes. Then, you are ready to serve it alongside beef, poultry or pork – it works great with all of them!
Easy Make Ahead Corn Casserole Recipe
This recipe is great for a make ahead casserole recipe for holidays, like Thanksgiving, or for preparing ahead for get togethers like reunions and such.
You may want to check out the rest of my make ahead Thanksgiving tips to make preparing for such events even easier on you so that you can enjoy them even more!
- Prepare corn casserole without baking up to one week in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or 3 months in advance in the freezer. Thaw in refrigerator in advance and bake when ready to serve.
Here’s my Corn Casserole recipe. I hope you love it!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn undrained or frozen whole kernell corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can creamed corn undrained, or frozen creamed corn
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet; add pepper and onions and saute until tender.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, eggs, chicken stock, creamed corn, and whole kernel corn, and cheese in large bowl until well blended. Stir in sauted onions, and peppers. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center of the casserole is just set.