Some mornings the easiest breakfasts are the best. Those are mornings to break out this classic recipe for egg in the hole. You only need a few ingredients for this delicious, protein filled breakfast.
This is a great breakfast to make with your children. If they do not like the spicy flavor of hot sauce, simply omit.
For mornings when you have a few more minutes, this is delicious served with a breakfast sausage, oven roasted parsley potatoes, or bacon and a side of fruit.
Here’s my classic egg in the hole recipe. I think you’ll love it.
Egg in the Hole
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bread slices
- 2 eggs
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cut hole in bread slices with a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Place bread slices in skillet.
- Break open egg and pour into hole in the egg.
- Sprinkle hot sauce over egg based on personal preference for spice.
- Cook until egg firm, approximately 1 minute, and then flip.
- Cook another minute and then remove from skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.