This Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili makes a hearty, delicious chili recipe in minutes! Made with ground beef, sweet potatoes, and packed with flavor!
If you love chili as much as I do, then I think you are going to absolutely love this sweet potato chili recipe. Made in the Instant Pot, it tastes like it has been simmering away on the stovetop all day even though it is ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
I love recipes like that! Don’t you?
To make it, I add olive oil to the interior pot of my Instant Pot set on the saute setting. Then, I add in my diced onion and saute until the onion is just tender. Then, I add in my garlic, ground pork and ground beef.
I love the complexity of the pork and ground beef in this recipe, but you can certainly just use ground beef. You can also substitute the beef with ground turkey, if you prefer.
Once the meat has been browned, I add in my sweet potatoes. It always amazes me how quickly they cook to absolute perfection in the Instant Pot! Then, I stir in the celery, crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce (or coconut aminos if you are following a Paleo or Whole-30 lifestyle), cumin and chili powder.
The chili is flavorful, with tender pieces of sweet potato and just the right amount of spiciness so that everyone can enjoy it. Of course, if you like a spicier chili, add a little more. I always like to have a container of chili powder on the serving table when I serve my chili so that people can add more to their individual liking.
Allow Sweet Potato Chili to cool completely and then portion into freezer-safe containers, removing as much air as possible. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Here’s my Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili recipe. I hope you love it!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3½ cups or 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- diced avocado
- Set the Instant Pot to the Saute setting. Add olive oil to the interior pot, followed by the diced onion. Saute until tender and then add minced garlic, ground pork, and ground beef. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pork and beef are browned. Add sweet potato, celery, crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Stir to combine well and situate the top onto the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to 10 minutes of High Pressure using the Manual setting. Allow to release pressure naturally and then carefully release any additional pressure before removing the top of the Instant Pot.
- Serve the chili with any additional toppings desired.