This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Curd Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – A mouth-watering cake with a touch of lemon, filled with lemon curd, and topped with lemon cream cheese frosting.
A mouth-watering cake with a touch of lemon, filled with lemon curd, and topped with lemon cream cheese frosting. It makes a beautiful cake for a birthday, spring shower, or for your Easter table and I love to serve it with a scoop of citrus sorbet with Meyer lemons.
Now, I have to share with you that this cake tastes so much better than my sad photography skills could possibly convey. For some reason yesterday, my camera and I just weren’t in sync. Not that we are much any other day, but it was at it’s worst yesterday.
But the cake, well, it’s a slice of summertime.
Lemon Curd Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Butter and flour two 9" round cake pans. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add flour and baking powder alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with buttermilk.
- Add zest and juice of 1 lemon to batter and combine well.
- Pour into pans and bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling racks until fully cooled.
- Spread ¾ of lemon curd between two layers of cake.
- Mix remaining lemon curd into cream cheese frosting.and decorate cake.