This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lighter Fried Ravioli with this simple recipe allows you to enjoy this favorite appetizer without all the guilt!
I adore fried ravioli.
As in I seriously love, love, love them. Too much, in fact. So, I decided to lighten up my favorite fried ravioli recipe so that I wouldn’t feel nearly as guilty when I dig into them.
They are perfect for serving as an appetizer for tailgating or when friends come over for a party. They also make a delicious side dish for serving alongside a big bowl of tomato soup or even for the kids for lunch. Love!
Who am I kidding?
This makes a mighty delicious lunch to me, too!
Here’s my lighter fried ravioli recipe. I think you’ll love them. Heck, this way, you can have one or two more!
Lighter Fried Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups marinara sauce warmed
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray a baking sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare ravioli according to package instructions and drain ravioli in a strainer and set aside.
- Add Panko, Italian Seasoning and Parmesan cheese to a small bowl and stir to combine. In another bowl, add slightly beaten egg white.
- Dredge ravioli in egg whites and then into the Panko mixture, making sure that both sides of ravioli are well-coated with Panko crumbs. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray and place into preheated oven.
- Bake until Panko coating turns a light, golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce.