Make Ahead Biscuits Recipe
Make Ahead Biscuits Recipe – Make and bake biscuits ahead of time for quick and easy mornings! In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have a week’s worth of breakfast ready to grab, reheat and go!
Making biscuits usually only takes about 20 minutes, but sometimes there are mornings when 20 minutes just isn’t happening. At least that’s the case at my house from time to time. That’s when these simple make ahead biscuits are a life- and time-saver! Learn how to freeze biscuits for a simple morning! 🙂
I know I’ll turn to them continually in the next few weeks as Sam starts back to school. I am trying as best I can to get myself in gear!
Since he’s in high school, I’m trying not to be as much of a hover-er as I’m sure I’ve been the last nine years he’s been in school. It’s not easy, believe me. But, one thing that I couldn’t skimp on was making sure that we had the freezer stocked with his favorites for breakfast. If Sam had his way, he’d have pancakes, waffles, or biscuits every single morning. So, I decided to do just that in preparation!
I started with these biscuits.
If you have a rainy day, I urge you to bake up a few batches of these to put away for busy mornings. You can use my three ingredient buttermilk biscuit recipe or even my two ingredient cream biscuit recipe. Either one of these work incredibly well and are always loved!
Now, once you have baked them, I recommend allowing them to cool completely.
Then, add in any special additions you’d like to your biscuits to make those mornings go even more quickly. Love sausage biscuits?
Cook a batch while your biscuits are cooking and then make your sausage biscuits to freeze and enjoy later. Cheese biscuits your favorite? Then make those as well!
The possibilities are just endless, but I always like to leave some plain for serving with jam or jelly, too!
Now that you have your biscuits all prepared, wrap them in freezer paper and store in a sealable freezer bag. Label the bag to make sure everyone knows what kind of biscuits are included and add a date so you remember when you made them.
Here’s the printable for these Make Ahead Biscuits. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Three Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
- Optional additions:
- Prepare and bake buttermilk biscuits according to recipe instructions. Allow to cool completely.
- If including sausage, cheese, or other additions, prepare those accordingly. Once the biscuits have cooled completely, split some of the biscuits open and insert sausage or cheese, if using.
- Wrap each biscuit individually with freezer paper and then store in a sealable freezer bag clearly marked with the date and the contents.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat and Serve:
- Remove the number of biscuits you plan to serve. Reheat in the microwave until heated throughout, about 30 seconds.