This Morning Glory Bundt Cake will make a delicious coffee cake for breakfast or brunch. Made with carrots, apples, pineapple and coconut, this morning glory cake will become a family favorite!
There are some mornings that call for this bundt cake. Similar to morning glory muffins, this morning glory bundt cake is a definite treat. I love to make it throughout the year, but there is just something special about it as the weather begins to turn warm. I think it is because I associate the flavors with Easter and Mother’s Day.
This bundt cake comes together easily with the most time-consuming part being grating the carrots and apple, which only takes a minute or two on a box grater. But the hardest part of making it has to be smelling it baking in the oven and knowing you still have a bit longer to wait until you can have a slice. It is like aromatherapy for your soul (and a great way to make your house smell amazing!).
Here’s my Morning Glory Bundt Cake Recipe. I think you’ll love it, too.
Morning Glory Bundt Cake Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3/4 cup grated apples
- 3/4 cup pineapple drained and chopped
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray bundt pan with baker's spray or coat well with shortening or butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour after coating.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in vanilla.
- Gently stir in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Fold in coconut, carrots, apples, pineapples and pecans and pour mixture into prepared bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
- Once cake has baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the pan. Then, invert onto a cake plate to finish cooling.