This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Morning Glory Bundt Cake makes a delicious treat for breakfast, brunch and dessert. Loaded with fruits and nuts, this coffee cake recipe is a family favorite!
There are some mornings that call for a delicious bundt cake or coffee cake. Similar to morning glory muffins, this Morning Glory Bundt Cake is a definite treat that everyone enjoys. I love to make it throughout the year, but there is just something special about it during holidays or to serve for guests.
Morning Glory Bundt Cake
There are times that coffee cakes are just what you want to serve. Showers, holidays, brunch with guests or even a special weekend morning all come to mind as times when I especially love serving cakes like this. I also enjoy recipes like my Blueberry Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping year round or Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Maple Cream Sauce in the fall.
This bundt cake comes together easily with the most time-consuming part being grating the carrots and apple, which only takes a minute or two on a box grater. But the hardest part of making it has to be smelling it baking in the oven and knowing you still have a bit longer to wait until you can have a slice. It is like aromatherapy for your soul (and a great way to make your house smell amazing!).
Here’s my Morning Glory Bundt Cake Recipe. I think you’ll love it, too.
Morning Glory Bundt Cake Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3/4 cup grated apples
- 3/4 cup pineapple drained and chopped
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray bundt pan with baker’s spray or coat well with shortening or butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour after coating.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in vanilla.
- Gently stir in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Fold in coconut, carrots, apples, pineapples and pecans and pour mixture into prepared bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
- Once cake has baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the pan. Then, invert onto a cake plate to finish cooling.