Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies. I can’t claim them to be my idea. In all actuality, I made them at the request of Little Buddy.
You see, even though we’ve had Nutella in our house for years, he hasn’t really “fallen in love” with it until this past week at camp. In preparation for his week away from home, I packed little single serve packets of his favorite peanut butter into his camp trunk and, on a whim, I tossed in one of the single serving packs of Nutella that I saw in the grocery store.
Since he’s been home, it really has been the only food item that he’s requested.
“Mama, are you going to the store today? If you do, will you get me some more Nutella?”
“Mama, in the morning, I just want Nutella toast for breakfast. Okay?”
“Mama, can we make Nutella sandwiches for lunch today?”
and the list goes on…
Finally, yesterday afternoon, with his big eyes looking at me pleadingly and a slight curve to his lip with his smirky smile, he asked me if I could make him some Nutella cookies.
When I said sure, he followed it with…
“but not just any ol’ Nutella cookies. Can you make them with chocolate chips? And a little bit chewy? And Mama, can you make them taste really, really good?”
Well, like any good Mama, I said, ” Of course, but I bet I’ll need your help to make them just like you want them.”
And you know what? These are now our favorite cookies in our house.
It sure is amazing what comes out of such sweet requests.
Here’s the Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe we came up with. Let me tell you, it’s a keeper for sure!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, , softened
- 2 cups Nutella
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter, Nutella, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add in vanilla and eggs. Reduce the speed of the mixer and add in flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Scrape down the sides of the mixer to make sure all ingredients are well-incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Be sure to make ’em soon!