Roast beef is a classic. This roast beef is prepared in the oven with potatoes, carrots and other spices for a family favorite meal.
Oven-braised beef roast is one of my family’s favorite meals and one of the simplest to prepare. It makes for a delicious dinner that you’ll hope doesn’t all get eaten so you have left-overs to use in sandwiches, stews, and soups. It makes for a perfect Sunday dinner that tastes like you’ve been slaving away all day in the kitchen when really, your Dutch oven does all of the work for you.
I like to include a few vegetables with my oven-braised beef roast for an incredibly flavorful one pot dinner. Simple preparation, simple hearty meal, and simple cleanup! I don’t know about you, but I can’t ask for much more than that!
Here’s how I make my it.
Oven-Braised Beef Roast
- 1 2- pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 small potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 3 large carrots scrubbed and sliced into 3" slices
- 3 celery stalks scrubbed and sliced into 3" slices
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chuck roast and brown on both sides of meat, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Reduce temperature and add all remaining ingredients.
- Cover Dutch oven and place in 350 degree oven.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours until meat is fork-tender.
- Allow meat to rest about 3-5 minutes before serving.