Perfect Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
A perfect, warm, toasty Chicken Quesadilla makes a mighty delicious lunch or supper, especially around my house. Ready in just a few minutes, these make the perfect chicken quesadilla for a super quick, delicious, warm meal that everyone in my family loves.
I start by dicing bacon and cooking it in a skillet until it is perfectly crisp. Then, I remove it to a bowl while I cook my chicken.
I cut my chicken into about one inch, bite sized pieces and add my chicken to the skillet with the bacon drippings. The chicken cooks fairly quickly in the skillet and has so much flavor from the bacon. I add a few things to finish off my chicken and then begin preparing my quesadilla.
Filled with my deliciously seasoned chicken, cheese, and bacon pieces, this really does make the perfect chicken quesadilla recipe.
Here’s my perfect chicken quesadilla recipe. I really think you are going to love, love, love them!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Add diced bacon to a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook until just crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Add chicken to skillet with bacon drippings. Cook, stirring often, until chicken has cooked throughout and browned lightly. Pour in buffalo sauce and add garlic salt to the chicken. Stir to combine well. Remove from heat.
- Melt about ½ tablespoon of butter in another cast iron skillet or on a griddle over low-medium heat. Add tortilla (flour or corn) and layer on about ½ cup of cheese, chicken, and reserved bacon pieces on one side of the tortilla. Fold tortilla half over the portion of the tortilla filled with cheese, chicken and bacon. Cook until cheese has slightly melted, taking care to not allow tortilla to become too dark.
- Remove from skillet, cut into wedges and serve.