This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
There’s just something about pulled pork that makes my husband’s heart swoon. He smokes a couple of Boston Butts on his smoker every few weekends that is absolutely the best I’ve ever tasted. Ever. But, I make a pork roast that yields pulled pork that comes a pretty close second to his smoked version. IF we have any leftovers, one way I love to use them is on these pulled pork tostadas.
So simple to just pull together for a quick weeknight supper or even a lunch, if you like.
I normally have the ingredients on hand, so once I have my pulled pork all ready, it just takes a few minutes to get these tostadas on the table.
They are so good, they really make me want to cook more than one pork roast just so I know I have plenty of pulled pork for these tostadas. There’s nothing wrong with that, is there?
Pulled Pork Tostadas Recipe
- Canola oil
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can refried beans
- 4 cups pulled pork from pork roast
- 2 cups salad greens
- 8-12 ounces grated Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped or guacamole (optional)
- Heat refried beans in a microwave safe bowl until completely warmed. Set aside.
- Pour about 1/8th to 1/4th-inch of oil to a skillet over medium heat. Fry one tortilla at a time in the skillet, flipping once with tongs to brown both sides. Once browned, remove the tortilla to a cooling rack placed on top of paper towels to drain. Repeat until all tortillas have been cooked.
- Assemble each tostadas by spreading fried tortilla with refried beans, then adding pulled pork, salad greens, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. If using avocado, add it as well.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
You are my number one source of dinner recipes! You’re like the meat queen!! Wait, is that an awkward title?? Anyways, once again, pinning this for our menu!!! Thanks Robyn!
Oh my goodness, Aimee. That’s the best compliment you could give me! 🙂 Hope you love it!
yum! i’m imagining these with the pork you posted earlier this week- awesome!
Yes! That’s exactly what I used. I like to cook once and eat twice. 🙂
Those look awesome!! I love all the great recipes that you share here! Definitely helps me out with dinner:-)
Thanks so much, Jocelyn!
YUM! This is going on my *must make* list A.S.A.P.!
Wooza!! Cooking your pork roast from yesterday this weekend, and definitely making this recipe from leftovers. Two fantastic meals from one roast..what could be easier! Thanks for some great meals!!!!! Happy weekend!!
With the pork you made yesterday, anything you use it on will be phenomenal, these tostadas included! Now I really need to make this pork this weekend!
We make tostadas all the time. It’s such a great way to use up leftover meat. These look awesome!!
Holy Yum, Robyn! I’m driving down for dinner….
Awk! I’m so happy to find someone else that smokes an obnoxious amount of pork butt too! We smoke 2 or 3 a month also and then freeze in individual packs so dinner is EASY after work. Those tostados look yummy! I may have to try making them tonight! Thanks for sharing
i love pulled pork too…and tostadas…well and about everything that has those delicious Meixcan flavors!