This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Shrimp Chef Salad Recipe comes together quickly for an easy meal for lunch or supper! Packed full of flavor, this salad recipe is one I turn to time and again.
After all the rich, delicious foods we’ve had throughout the holidays, I’ve been craving salad. Don’t get me wrong, I love all of the dishes we have starting with Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
We do our best to pace ourselves so that we aren’t having casseroles, cakes and candy every day. After a while I want something different. I want fresh, flavorful, and filling meals. That’s when I head to the store and don’t leave the produce section until my buggy is practically full!
Yesterday, I threw together this salad for our quick lunch. I just knew it would hit the spot!
I used frozen shrimp that I just had to defrost, and toss into the salad along with boiled eggs, onion, tomatoes, cucumber and yes, just a wee little bit of avocado. I’d forgotten to add the wedges of cheddar cheese until we sat down to eat (and I’d already snapped these photos!). I added all of the ingredients to a small Mason jar for our vinaigrette dressing, gave it a quick shake and then poured half of it over the salad and served the remainder alongside the salad for anyone that wanted more.
Oh my goodness, this shrimp chef salad was exactly what I’d been wanting and now I’m thinking I might just make it again tomorrow!
Here’s my Shrimp Chef Salad recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Shrimp Chef Salad Recipe
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 pounds boiled or steamed shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 boiled eggs peeled and quartered
- 4 - 6 spring onions trimmed and sliced
- 1 large cucumber peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add salad greens to a large bowl for serving. Top with shrimp, eggs, onions, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and avocados. Toss gently to mix.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, mustard, and salt and pepper to small Mason jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously until well combined.
- Pour half of dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.