Stuffed mushrooms are a family favorite. I make stuffed mushrooms year-round, but especially during the fall and winter months. They are excellent for tailgating, game days at home, and taking to the races. Stuffed mushrooms are perfect to serve guests when you entertain.
Regardless of the event, this recipe for stuffed mushrooms just has to be part of your entertaining menu. And the best part, the men will gobble them up and ask for more, the women will swoon and you can just smile knowing you had them made in no time flat.
Here’s how I make them.
Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lbs button mushrooms approximately 50 mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 lb sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Chop stems.
- Cream together cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and onions.
- Cook sausage.
- Once fully cooked, add in mushroom stems and cook until tender.
- Pour sausage and mushrooms into cheese and onion mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon into mushroom tops and bake for 15 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
These simple stuffed mushrooms are easily to make ahead of your party. Simply assemble the stuffed mushrooms without baking and store in your refrigerator until your event.
Do you have a favorite recipe like this you make for entertaining or just because?