This skillet ranch chicken recipe makes a quick and easy weeknight supper. Full of flavor, this one-skillet meal combines chicken, potatoes, carrots, and my homemade ranch seasoning for a mighty delicious meal!
I love quick and easy weeknight meals like this one-skillet ranch chicken! It can be summed up like this – grab a skillet, toss in all the ingredients and cook. Boom! Supper is ready!
And even though these are the types of recipes I turn to most often, I’ve definitely been leaning on them more and more lately as I’ve been wrapping up my cookbook.
Speaking of the cookbook, I can’t wait to share it with y’all! I think you guys are going to absolutely love it! It is filled to the brim with recipes perfect for busy families!
Can you tell I’m a wee bit excited about it? Ha!
So, back to this skillet ranch chicken.
You all know how much I love my skillets for everything from cooking French toast or scrambling eggs for brunch to getting restaurant quality steaks for supper to making pineapple upside down cake for dessert. There’s just nothing like a good skillet in my book.
For this skillet ranch chicken recipe, I simply drizzled a little olive oil into my skillet over medium heat until it slightly shimmered. Then, added my chicken, potatoes and carrots tossed with my homemade ranch seasoning and cooked on the cooktop until my chicken was browned on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Then, I popped my skillet into a preheated oven and cooked until the chicken was cooked through.
Here’s my Skillet Ranch Chicken recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Skillet Ranch Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 pound small red potatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the olive begins to shimmer slightly, add chicken, carrots, and potatoes. Lightly toss with ranch seasoning mix and cook until chicken has browned on one side, about 3 - 4 minutes, before turning to brown on the other side.
- Once chicken has browned, place skillet into preheated oven until the chicken has cooked through and the juices run clear when pricked with a sharp knife.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.