Spanish Rice Recipe with Ground Beef
Spanish Rice Recipe – This Spanish Rice recipe is made with ground beef for a main dish meal! Ready in less than 30 minutes!
One of my favorite dishes to order when we go to our local Mexican restaurant is their Spanish rice. Well, along with the chips, salsa, queso dip, and guacamole! Ha!
Their Spanish rice though always just goes perfectly with whatever I order for my entree – from enchiladas to whatever their specials are for the day.
But, as much as I love their Spanish rice, it still doesn’t really compete with the version that my Mama has made since as long as I can remember. While theirs is served as a side dish, Mama’s was always the main attraction, served with a salad or beans.
Her Spanish rice is made with ground beef that takes it to a whole new level!
I love that it comes together in less than thirty minutes and just takes one skillet to prepare. We also love to prepare this for a camp style meal as well. No wonder Mama loved making this recipe so much! It’s an all-around favorite for sure!
Spanish Rice Recipe
Here’s her Spanish Rice Recipe with Ground Beef. So simple, I think you’ll love it, too!
Skillet Spanish Rice with Ground Beef Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently. Drain and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil into the skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and rice, stirring frequently until rice is lightly browned. Add ground beef, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, water, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.