The Best Lasagna Recipe
This lasagna recipe is meaty, cheesy, and so delicious. It’s been named the best lasagna recipe where ever I’ve served it! Made with cream cheese, Greek yogurt, two meats, and plenty of cheese, it is clearly a favorite!
There’s just something about homemade lasagna served with a large salad and maybe some crusty, buttery, garlic bread that immediately makes me think of my high school years. Mama would make a large pan of lasagna, especially during the cooler months, when friends would come over to spend the night on the weekend or even during the week for a comforting meal.
Over the years, I’ve made my fair share of lasagna as well. From the classic version with ricotta cheese to my low-carb eggplant lasagna, they are always welcome on my family table!
But, let me just tell you, this version has been called the best lasagna recipe by my family and every time that I serve it for friends, they always ask for the recipe. It is just different enough that they can’t tell what makes it so special, while they just can’t seem to get enough of it.
I will tell you though, as much as my family loves it the night that I serve it, I love it best the next day. The flavors have had time to meld together even more, making it even more delicious!
Here’s what my family calls The Best Lasagna recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
The Best Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 cups (16-ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound dried lasagna noodles uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook ground beef or turkey, along with sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain meat and then add garlic, basil, oregano and diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the meat, stirring to combine well. Simmer until sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Lightly beat eggs and combine with cream cheese, Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Ladle about 1/3 of meat sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Place half of the dried noodles over the sauce, then spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over noodles, sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Repeat layering and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover lightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.