Easy Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
Eggplant Lasagna makes an easy and delicious lasagna recipe the whole family will love!
My husband and I both love lasagna. Creamy, rich and comforting, it’s really hard not to love it. But, we’ve also both been watching how much pasta and breads we eat as well. This eggplant lasagna is the perfect solution for a dish with tons of flavor without missing the pasta.
It begins with two of these beauties. You can peel them or leave their skins on them, that’s really up to you and your tastes. I prefer to leave the skins on for mine. Then, slice them to about 1/4 of an inch thick or smaller. Or bigger. Again, it’s up to you. I like mine just a bit meaty so my photo shows them thicker than in this recipe. You’ll adjust your roasting time based on the thickness of your slices.
- peel or don’t peel your eggplant
- slice your peeled or unpeeled eggplant into 1/4 of an inch thick – or smaller or thicker
Now, brush your eggplant slices with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop them into your preheated oven and roast them until they are fork tender, about 15 minutes depending on thickness.
While your eggplant slices are roasting, you’ll want to prepare your marinara sauce. I like to use this recipe for marinara sauce that is ready really quickly. If you’d like a meaty sauce, go ahead and cook your ground beef or turkey, drain it, and mix it into the marinara sauce.
Then, mix up your cheesy layer of Ricotta cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.
Now that all of your ingredients are ready, grab a large baking dish and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray and start layering your lasagna. You’ll want to start with your sauce, then the cheesy layer, and then eggplant. Then more cheesy mixture, sauce, and then…
Top it all off with shredded cheese and bake it until nice and bubbly and the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.
Then, serve it with a nice salad and enjoy every single bite!
Here’s my Eggplant Lasagna recipe that I think you’ll absolutely love!
Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
- 2 eggplants sliced about 1/4" thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Simple Marinara Sauce
- 3 pounds ground beef or turkey cooked and drained (optional)
- 1 15- ounce package whole Ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Slice eggplant into thin strips and place on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Prepare marinara sauce, including meat if preferred.
- Mix together Ricotta cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- Prepare a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and begin layering lasagna as follows: sauce, cheese mixture, eggplant, cheese mixture, sauce and then top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
I can’t wait to hear how you like it!