Hearty, delicious Skillet Lasagna is a quick one pan recipe that’s a perfect weeknight pasta dish! Simple skillet recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you love lasagna like my family does – you are going to love this quick and easy Skillet Lasagna recipe! It’s a great weeknight recipe that’s so perfect for busy days. It’s hearty, delicious and satisfying so pasta fans will love it – yet it is on the table in 30 minutes and made all in one pan!
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites from my cookbook (I say that about each and every one, I know!) and one that we make all. the. time! It comes together so quickly and easily! I love that everything (and I mean everything!) cooks in the same skillet for one pan to the table and one pan to clean!
Skillet Lasagna Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- olive oil – use your favorite olive oil in this recipe. You’ll need very little.
- onion – using an onion is optional, but we love to include it for flavor. If you do not have fresh onion, you can simply omit or add 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder to the other seasonings in this recipe.
- ground beef – I prefer to use a flavorful ground beef, like I would for making hamburgers. We have found that we prefer a ground chuck that is an 80/20 blend. In other words, it is 80% lean and 20% fat. You can absolutely use leaner ground beef or even ground turkey if you prefer.
- seasonings – the seasonings add so much flavor to this skillet lasagna. I include oregano (I give you the measurements to use fresh or dried), our Stone House Seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- tomato sauce – the tomato sauce also plays an important role in this recipe. I love to use an unseasoned tomato sauce so that I can add the flavor that I prefer in my own seasonings. I have used homemade tomato sauce as well as store-bought with great success.
- lasagna noodles – you are going to use uncooked lasagna noodles that you’ll break into about 2-inch pieces. Once you nestle them into the sauce and cover the skillet, they cook to tender perfection.
- cheese – both Parmesan and ricotta cheeses are used in this lasagna. They add flavor and creaminess to the dish.
How to Make Skillet Lasagna Recipe
Prep. To make this super simple skillet lasagna, I start with a medium skillet. You will need to cover your skillet at some point during the cooking so use a skillet (or braiser) that you have a lid that will fit easily. If you don’t have a lid that works, don’t fret, at that step, just cover your skillet with foil.
Cook. Once you have your skillet, set it over medium heat and begin by heating your olive oil. Then, add your chopped onion and cook it until it is
Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
Serve. To serve, remove from the heat, top with your Parmesan and Ricotta cheeses and a sprinkle of fresh oregano, if handy.
What to Serve with Skillet Lasagna Recipe
I always like to have something green and fresh with our meals and generally make a large house salad at the beginning of the week that we can quickly enjoy for lunches and suppers. And of course, a hunk of crusty seasoning bread to swipe up all the sauce left on your plate is always a good idea! 🙂
- Large House Salad with Italian Dressing
- Crusty Baguette with olive oil and a sprinkle of Stone House Seasoning
How to Store
To Make-Ahead. Skillet Lasagna makes a great make-ahead meal. Simply cool completely, cover, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To store. Additionally, you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Here’s my Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (divided), or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until browned throughout, about 5 more minutes. Discard any excess drippings.
- Stir in the Stone House Seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the fresh oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), tomato sauce, and the broken noodle pieces. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, cover and cook until the noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with Parmesan cheese, ricotta and remaining fresh oregano
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.