This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Hearty, delicious Skillet Lasagna is a quick one pan recipe that’s a perfect weeknight pasta dish! Simple skillet recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Looking for more easy ground beef recipes? I think you’ll love my Chili, Spaghetti, and Stuffed Peppers.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you love lasagna like my family does – you are going to love this quick and easy Skillet Lasagna recipe! It’s a great weeknight recipe that’s so perfect for busy days. It’s hearty, delicious and satisfying so pasta fans will love it – yet it is on the table in 30 minutes and made all in one pan!
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites from my cookbook (I say that about each and every one, I know!) and one that we make all. the. time! It comes together so quickly and easily! I love that everything (and I mean everything!) cooks in the same skillet for one pan to the table and one pan to clean!
Skillet Lasagna Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- olive oil – use your favorite olive oil in this recipe. You’ll need very little.
- onion – using an onion is optional, but we love to include it for flavor. If you do not have fresh onion, you can simply omit or add ½ teaspoon of onion powder to the other seasonings in this recipe.
- ground beef – I prefer to use a flavorful ground beef, like I would for making hamburgers. We have found that we prefer a ground chuck that is an 80/20 blend. In other words, it is 80% lean and 20% fat. You can absolutely use leaner ground beef or even ground turkey if you prefer.
- seasonings – the seasonings add so much flavor to this skillet lasagna. I include oregano (I give you the measurements to use fresh or dried), our Stone House Seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- tomato sauce – the tomato sauce also plays an important role in this recipe. I love to use an unseasoned tomato sauce so that I can add the flavor that I prefer in my own seasonings. I have used homemade tomato sauce as well as store-bought with great success.
- lasagna noodles – you are going to use uncooked lasagna noodles that you’ll break into about 2-inch pieces. Once you nestle them into the sauce and cover the skillet, they cook to tender perfection.
- cheese – both Parmesan and ricotta cheeses are used in this lasagna. They add flavor and creaminess to the dish.
How to Make Skillet Lasagna Recipe
Prep. To make this super simple skillet lasagna, I start with a medium skillet. You will need to cover your skillet at some point during the cooking so use a skillet (or braiser) that you have a lid that will fit easily. If you don’t have a lid that works, don’t fret, at that step, just cover your skillet with foil.
Cook. Once you have your skillet, set it over medium heat and begin by heating your olive oil. Then, add your chopped onion and cook it until it is
Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
Serve. To serve, remove from the heat, top with your Parmesan and Ricotta cheeses and a sprinkle of fresh oregano, if handy.
What to Serve with Skillet Lasagna Recipe
I always like to have something green and fresh with our meals and generally make a large house salad at the beginning of the week that we can quickly enjoy for lunches and suppers. And of course, a hunk of crusty seasoning bread to swipe up all the sauce left on your plate is always a good idea! 🙂
- Large House Salad with Italian Dressing
- Crusty Baguette with olive oil and a sprinkle of Stone House Seasoning
How to Store
To Make-Ahead. Skillet Lasagna makes a great make-ahead meal. Simply cool completely, cover, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To store. Additionally, you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Here’s my Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (divided) or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese divided
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until browned throughout, about 5 more minutes. Discard any excess drippings.
- Stir in the Stone House Seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the fresh oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), tomato sauce, and the broken noodle pieces. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, cover and cook until the noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with Parmesan cheese, ricotta and remaining fresh oregano
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Simplified beauty ! Grazie milla !
wow! so easy to make. This skillet is indeed one of the best dinner solution xo
I made this for our family on vacation. It was perfect! We all couldn’t believe how easy it is and was so delicious. Never have to layer in a 9×13 pan again. Life changer right here! Everyone wanted the recipe. Thank you!
Isn’t it such an easy way to enjoy lasagna, Kelly?! I love what a delicious time saver it is too! I’m thrilled to hear how wonderfully it worked out for you and that your family enjoyed it as well!
Thanks so much! Happy to have you here! xo
I’ve made this several times and my family loves it! It’s so easy and it tastes as delicious as if I’d been in the kitchen for a long time making traditional lasagna! I make it much more often than regular lasagna because I can get it on the table so quickly – and it is so good! Thanks for sharing this recipe! Love it!
So happy you like this recipe. It is always a favorite meal at my house!
Love this recipe, in place of hamburger I have used sweet Italian sausage, does freeze well also
Thanks, Jack. I bet it is good with the Italian sausage. I’m so glad you like it.
It was a big hit with everyone tonight! So easy, delicious and easy cleanup! Thank you! This will be a new staple!
I’m so glad everyone loved it, Stephanie! Don’t you love now simple it is to make!
We are snowed in here and
I wanted to make this for dinner. However, I do not have ricotta cheese. Any suggestions?
I haven’t tried a substitution but some people use cottage cheese as a substitute for ricotta, Stephanie. Other substitutions are cream cheese and mozzarella.