Skillet Lasagna Recipe – This quick and easy recipe is the perfect weeknight solution for the lasagna lover! Made in one pan, this skillet recipe is a definite favorite!
Oh my goodness, friends! If you love lasagna like my family does and are looking for a weeknight solution to be able to enjoy it, this recipe is for you!
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites from my cookbook (I say that about each and every one, I know!) and one that we make all. the. time! It comes together so quickly and easily and I love that everything (and I mean everything!) cooks in the same skillet for one pan to the table and one pan to clean!
How to Make Skillet Lasagna Recipe
To make this super simple skillet lasagna, I start with a medium skillet. You will need to cover your skillet at some point during the cooking so use a skillet (or braiser) that you have a lid that will fit easily. If you don’t have a lid that works, don’t fret, at that step, just cover your skillet with foil.
Once you have your skillet, set it over medium heat and begin by heating your olive oil. Then, add your chopped onion and cook it until it is translucent, about 3 minutes. Next, add in your ground beef and cook through. Drain away any excess drippings and then stir in the Stone House Seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes, and tomato sauce. You’ll also want to stir in your broken lasagna noodles.
Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
To serve, remove from the heat, top with your Parmesan and Ricotta cheeses and a sprinkle of fresh oregano, if handy.
What to Serve with Skillet Lasagna Recipe
I always like to have something green and fresh with our meals and generally make a large house salad at the beginning of the week that we can quickly enjoy for lunches and suppers. And of course, a hunk of crusty seasoning bread to swipe up all the sauce left on your plate is always a good idea! 🙂
- Large House Garden Salad with Italian Dressing
- Crusty Baguette with olive oil and a sprinkle of Stone House Seasoning
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
Here’s my Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (divided) or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese divided
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until browned throughout, about 5 more minutes. Discard any excess drippings.
- Stir in the Stone House Seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the fresh oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), tomato sauce, and the broken noodle pieces. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, cover and cook until the noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with Parmesan cheese, ricotta and remaining fresh oregano