Strawberry Ice Cream has to be my husband’s favorite ice cream flavor, but make it homemade strawberry ice cream and you’ve made his day!
He prefers it to be rich, creamy, and full of fresh strawberries. And I have to say, I’ve tried many combinations to try and make what I thought he’d think was the “perfect” homemade strawberry ice cream over the years. Finally, I figured out one that is just about as perfect as it gets!
Not too sweet, but just sweet enough to balance between the tartness of the fresh strawberries, this strawberry ice cream recipe sure fits the bill in the creaminess department, too
And since Mama is sensitive to eggs, I try to make our ice creams egg-free as much as possible now. I’ve also found that it simplifies things when you don’t have to make the cooked custard before making the ice cream.
I’m all about finding the simplest way to do things! Especially if the results are just as good, if not better!
Here’s my favorite strawberry ice cream recipe. I think you’ll love the creaminess and full strawberry flavor. It’s amazing!
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl and cover with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Stir lightly to make sure strawberries are well-coated with sugar. Allow strawberries and sugar to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to macerate.
- Combine whipping cream, milk, and cream cheese, mixing until smooth. Mix in sugar, strawberries and juices from earlier, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour into ice cream maker container and make according to ice cream maker directions.
- Once ice cream has churned, remove from the ice cream maker container and serve immediately as soft serve or place in an airtight container in the freezer for 1 hour to overnight for a firmer ice cream.
Be sure to check out all of my ice cream and frozen treat recipes ! xo