This Strawberry Ice Cream recipe is creamy, delicious and full of fresh strawberries. Simple to make, this favorite ice cream is a classic!
Ice cream of all types and flavors makes such favorite frozen treats. Strawberry ice cream is always a popular flavor and certainly is well-loved in my family. This recipe makes the best, creamiest and most flavorful Strawberry Ice Cream I’ve tasted!
This homemade Strawberry Ice Cream is one of our family favorites. It’s my husband’s absolute favorite. He says it’s absolutely the best strawberry ice cream he’s ever had. It’s rich and full of fresh strawberries. I’ve developed and tested many recipe combinations to make the “perfect” homemade strawberry ice cream and this one is just about as perfect as it gets!
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
This strawberry ice cream is not too sweet, but just sweet enough to balance the tartness of the fresh strawberries. It’s made from simple ingredients that make it such a rich, delicious ice cream. While I’ve made this recipe egg-free, it’s amazingly decadent and creamy.
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream
To make this scrumptious ice cream, you’ll need:
- Granulated sugar
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Cream cheese
- Pinch of salt
Again, this is a perfect ice cream for those with egg sensitivities since I’ve not included eggs in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the chopped fresh strawberries in a medium bowl and top with 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Stir lightly to coat strawberries with sugar and allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to macerate. This brings out all the juices from the strawberries.
- In another mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, milk and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add in the macerated strawberries (sugared strawberries) with their juices to the bowl with the cream mixture and stir in until combined.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker container and make according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Once the ice cream has churned, remove it from the ice cream maker container and serve immediately for soft serve ice cream. Alternately, place ice cream in an airtight container and place in freezer for 1 hour to overnight for a firmer ice cream.
More Ice Cream recipes
Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream – is a rich, custard style ice cream with rich vanilla flavor. Better than that ice cream parlor favorite and a very popular ice cream on this site.
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream – is full of blueberries with a rich, sweet and tart cheesecake ice cream and can be made in your ice cream maker or no churn.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – delicious combination of chocolate and mint
Be sure to check out all of my ice cream and frozen treat recipes !
Here’s my favorite strawberry ice cream recipe. I think you’ll love the creaminess and full strawberry flavor!
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl and cover with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Stir lightly to make sure strawberries are well-coated with sugar. Allow strawberries and sugar to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to macerate.
- Combine whipping cream, milk, and cream cheese, mixing until smooth. Mix in sugar, strawberries and juices from earlier, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour into ice cream maker container and make according to ice cream maker directions.
- Once ice cream has churned, remove from the ice cream maker container and serve immediately as soft serve or place in an airtight container in the freezer for 1 hour to overnight for a firmer ice cream.