Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
Strawberry Spinach Salad topped with an easy Poppy Seed Dressing makes for a beautiful and delicious spring and summer salad recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, and get-togethers! Always a crowd favorite!
If you are looking for a bright and beautiful salad that is perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day and all of those spring and summer get-togethers and parties, then I think you are going to love this Strawberry Spinach Salad!
When fresh strawberries are in season, you better believe that I find every way imaginable to use them. Not only because they are Bart’s absolute favorite fruit, but because they just add such a beautiful and fresh touch to so many dishes.
Now, before we get into how I made this Strawberry Spinach Salad, I’m just going to tell you one tip. If you plan to serve this salad to friends, family, picnics, or potlucks, you better be prepared for the requests for the recipe! You may also have requests to bring it to all the functions!
Made with fresh spinach greens, luscious strawberries, toasted pecans and red onions, this sweet and tangy salad is a definite crowd favorite! I’ve served it with everything from ham at Easter, grilled chicken for our Sunday supper, and with baked salmon for dinner with friends. It just works with everything!
You can easily make everything ahead for this salad, store in the refrigerator and then assemble about 10 minutes before serving, making it one of those go-to recipes for easy entertaining.
Here’s the recipe for my Strawberry Spinach Salad. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 9 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1-quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and cut in half
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Add the poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, and vinegar to a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake well to combine. Refrigerate an hour to up to 7 days.
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, pecans, and red onion slices (if using) in a large salad bowl or on a platter. Pour the dressing over salad, and lightly toss. Refrigerate about 10 minutes before serving.