Strawberry Spinach Salad topped with an easy Poppy Seed Dressing makes for a beautiful and delicious spring and summer salad recipe. Always a favorite!
If you are looking for a bright and beautiful salad that is perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, and all of those spring and summer get-togethers and parties, then I think you will love this Strawberry Spinach Salad!
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
When fresh strawberries are in season, you better believe that I find every way imaginable to use them. Not only because they are Bart’s absolute favorite fruit but because they just add such a beautiful and fresh touch to so many dishes.
Now, before we get into how I made this delicious salad, I will tell you one tip. If you plan to serve this salad to friends, family, picnics, or potlucks, you better be prepared for the requests for the recipe! You may also have requests to bring it to all the functions!
Made with fresh spinach greens, luscious strawberries, toasted pecans, and red onions, this sweet and tangy salad is a definite crowd favorite! I’ve served it with everything from ham at Easter, grilled chicken for our Sunday supper, and baked salmon for dinner with friends. It just works with everything!
Strawberry Spinach Salad Ingredients
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
For this perfect spring salad, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- poppy seeds
- olive oil
- distilled white vinegar
- fresh baby spinach
- fresh strawberries cleaned, hulled, and cut in half
- toasted pecans
- red onion thinly sliced (optional)
You can make this scrumptious salad in two simple steps!
- Add the poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, and vinegar to a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake well to combine. Refrigerate for an hour for up to 7 days.
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, pecans, and red onion slices (if using) in a large salad bowl or on a platter. Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes before serving.
Can This Salad Be Made Ahead?
You can easily make everything ahead for this salad, store it in the refrigerator and then assemble about 10 minutes before serving, making it one of those go-to recipes for easy entertaining.
Other Favorite Spring Salads
Here’s the recipe for my Strawberry Spinach Salad. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 9 ounces spinach
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Add the poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, and vinegar to a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake well to combine. Refrigerate an hour to up to 7 days.
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, pecans, and red onion slices (if using) in a large salad bowl or on a platter. Pour the dressing over salad, and lightly toss. Refrigerate about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.