This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Teriyaki Chicken comes together quickly for a copycat of a take-out favorite at home!
A favorite dish I always enjoyed from Panda Express was their teriyaki chicken. Not having a Panda Express anywhere nearby, I love being able to make this family favorite at home and having it on the table more quickly than we can get in the car and drive to the nearest one! I also love that I can control the ingredients to lighten it up just a bit while not compromising on flavor.
I begin by using my homemade teriyaki sauce recipe that I’ve shared previously. I cut my chicken into large cubes and then use about half of one recipe of the teriyaki sauce to marinate the chicken. If you don’t have time to marinate the chicken, you are fine to skip that step, it just adds even more depth of flavor to the chicken.
I pour my chicken into a medium skillet over medium low heat and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Then, once it has cooked through, I add more teriyaki sauce to the chicken, and then serve it over rice or vegetables. Ready in minutes, it makes for a simple recipe that my family loves!
Here’s my Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do (and as much as the Panda Express version!)
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts , cubed
- 1 recipe homemade teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice or steamed vegetables
- Add chicken to a gallon zip top bag. Pour half of teriyaki sauce over chicken, press out as much air as possible and seal the bag. Toss the chicken to make sure it is well coated and marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours, if possible.
- Drizzle olive oil into medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add chicken to the skillet, stirring frequently as it cooks. Cook until tender and cooked throughout, about 8-10 minutes. Add more teriyaki sauce to the chicken, reserving about ¼ cup for serving. Toss to coat and then serve atop cooked rice or steamed vegetables.