One of my favorite things about traveling in our RV is that I am able to cook as we travel. Sometimes even as we are driving down the road, you’ll find crock pot beef roast or pork for pulled pork sandwiches cooking. When we reach our destination, we have a delicious meal ready in minutes.
Then there are the breakfasts we can turn out just like home from pancakes, waffles, omelets, smoothies and yogurt, granola, or these blueberry muffins I made over the weekend. They make a tasty way to begin any morning, but especially when we’re ready to head out exploring.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1½ cups sugar, plus more for topping
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º Fahrenheit.
- Prepare muffin pan by buttering and lightly dusting with flour.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. T
- oss blueberries gently in 1 – 1½ teaspoons flour.
- Set aside the flour mixture and blueberries.
- Cream together butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Add in vanilla.
- Add in flour, mixing just until well-combined.
- Add milk, mixing just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries and orange zest.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with additional sugar for topping.
- Bake until lightly golden brown and cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Served warm with a light spread of butter will bring big smiles and happy tummies.