This marinara sauce is one of those recipes that I turn to again and again. I adore a good homemade marinara sauce, but have to be honest. I don’t want to have to cook it for hours for it to taste just right.
I like simple and quick recipes so I can start supper as we’re finishing up from our busy day of school and all of the other activities and still have a hot, delicious supper on the table.
I know I could plan way in advance and make the long-cooking marinara sauce, but that’s just not how I roll most days.
So, if it’s not how you roll either, then this marinara sauce is perfect for you, too!
It can be our little secret.
As a matter of fact, you might want to get enough ingredients to double this recipe! I like to keep a jar or two of it in my refrigerator we love it so much!
Here’s how I make my marinara sauce recipe.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 32-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low to medium heat and toss in all other ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep for about 1 week.